18 sept. 2013

Welcome!




This is under construction!

In this simple website I am going to explain a new feature in Adobe Photoshop CC (Creative Cloud, both CS6 CC and CC 2013). Photoshop now can export and import CSS.

Let me first introduce myself.
I am a Dutchman dedicated to two things: writing courses on the various Adobe Creative Cloud apps for the Dutch company Laudius, and cooking and writing about that. I have been producing courses since three years now, dedicating the years before on working with Photoshop and Illustrator, and working as a web developer (mainly design and SEO work).

I shall start my story by telling something about CSS, because many photoshoppers don't know it. It has to do with web design. And if you, as a photoshopper, are not involved in web design then please remember two things. First of all the various apps in Adobe Creative Cloud are getting so to say more "connected" with each other every month. For example just before I wrote this, september 2013, Photoshop got an Adobe plug-in to connect it with Adobe Edge Reflow, just as Edge Reflow got a button for importing Photoshop stuff. (Edge Reflow: for producing responsive websites.) And what I write here can be considered as a link between Photoshop and Adobe Dreamweaver.
Second: you as a photoshopper might get a job offer to produce Photoshop CSS.

For web developers this blog is also interesting, because you might get Photoshop CSS to work with, and you can instruct a Photoshop expert how to import CSS color codes from a web page (from the CSS document that is), as to be able to work with the same colors as you use for a certain website.

I shall soon make another site, on the CSS exported from Adobe Illustrator CC (as for Illustrator: this does not apply to Illustrator CS6 CC). As soon as that is ready you shall see a link under the archive top right.
And after that yet another site, on the interaction between Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Edge Reflow. 
And one on the interaction between Photoshop and SketchUp.

See the company I work for here (all links here open in a new window or tab).
See for CSS Wikipedia here.
See for Adobe Creative Cloud here.
See for Adobe Edge Reflow here.
See for my Dutch blog on cooking here. Find my @ddress there.